To strengthen our Gene Therapy Vector Core Team, based in our Boston Office, in Bedford MA, we are looking for a talented individual to fill the position of: Senior Scientist – AAV Analytical Development - (Biophysical Assays).
As a Senior Scientist you will assist in the area of biophysical characterization and assay development for biologics. This individual will support multiple therapeutic gene therapy programs by leading development of methods for assessing product quality for AAV used in research and initial process development.
You will contribute by:
- Establishing multiple methods for assessment of viral capsid protein content, composition, and quality (ELISA, HPLC, CE, AUC, LC-MS, etc)
- Utilizing antibody and chromatography based methods for impurity detection and characterization from multiple steps in viral process development
- Incorporating improvements to standard testing methods to allow for high throughput or more accurate quantification
- Responsible for testing schedule and data reporting along with maintenance of multiple analytical methods
- Collaborating with the upstream, downstream and vector biology teams
- Show the ability to function independently and cross functionally across various UCB teams (medicinal chemists, cell biologists, disease area exerts, antibody engineers, etc)
- Show the ability to manage priorities, and engage/communicate in a multidisciplinary environment