SUMMARY: The Mount Sinai Genetic Testing Lab in Branford, Connecticut is seeking a motivated, results-oriented Senior Scientist to join our molecular diagnostic team. With minimal supervision, the Scientist will assess new technologies and drive development and validation of new methods and diagnostic tests. The ideal candidate will have experience with both research and clinical specimens in a high throughput, dynamic lab environment employing NGS technologies. Using a working knowledge of state-of-the-art molecular techniques, the Scientist will work closely with the Bioinformatics and Lab Operations teams to execute proof of concept experiments and oversee successful deployment of new assays.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work across departments (Production Informatics, Project Management, Quality
Assurance, etc.) to design and validate new lab procedures and diagnostic tests.
• Actively drive continuous improvement activities regarding current methods and
• Working with pathologists, geneticists, Survey molecular diagnostic landscape to
identify current and emerging technologies
• Draft and execute Reports, and Verification Plans and Summaries.
• Drive successful transfer of standard operating procedures and tests to Lab Operations
team. Monitor and report key performance indicators of new diagnostic and research-
• Draft and provide content for SOPs.
• Strict adherence to local, regulatory, and Quality guidelines to ensure full