Quantapore is building a new generation of DNA sequencer, capable of analyzing the encoded information in single DNA molecules. This machine will shape the course of basic and biomedical research for years to come. Building such a device requires a special breed of scientist. You will join a small, dedicated, highly skilled R&D team. Development is still in an early stage, and your insights and contributions will give shape to the ultimate product, and our ultimate success.
We are seeking an outstanding protein engineer for a Senior Scientist position in Quantapore’s Molecular Biology group. This role is for a hands-on, lab-based research scientist with technical expertise in the field of protein engineering and molecular biology. The candidate will be responsible for optimizing the molecular design and the characterization of our protein nanopores. The candidate will function in a highly collaborative, highly cross-functional environment and be interacting with material scientists, biochemists, and molecular biologists. The candidate must have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively across functional units.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Designing and conducting experiments in the field of protein engineering, including protein design, construction, expression, purification, and characterization
- Developing strategies to guide the design and testing of engineered proteins with improved biological properties
- Drafting, optimizing, and troubleshooting protocols; ensuring they can be scaled to a manufacturing environment
- Staying abreast of the latest scientific and technology advancements in the field, especially in next generation sequencing
- Presenting at group meetings and project team meetings