We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated person with;
- 5+ years’ experience leading a team of scientists
- Exceptional communication skills
- Solid organisational skills including planning, prioritisation, time management and initiative
- A strong track record of working collaboratively within a team environment
Reproductive Health Science Ltd (RHS) is an Adelaide-based ASX listed biotechnology company with expertise in the genetic analysis of single and small numbers of cells (www.rhsc.com.au) with two launched products, and distributors in Turkey, China, Iran, South Africa, Russia, India, Indonesia and UAE.
Since its inception, RHS has maintained a consistent focus on improving health and research outcomes and has built an experienced team and significant know-how in the development of whole genome amplification and array Comparative Genomic Hybridisation tools.
This role is located within the TechInSA Incubator (formerly BioSA) in the heart of the Thebarton biotechnology precinct in Adelaide, South Australia.
The successful applicant will report to the Chief Scientific Officer (CSO) and will be responsible for providing day-to-day leadership to the Application Scientists and technical support to team members and the CSO (team workload management and task prioritisation). The Senior Scientific Officer will prepare progress and technical reports for both internal and external presentation, contribute to the maintenance and development of technical marketing documents and website content, be chief liaison between the scientific team and the Finance and Administration Officer for product shipments, and will provide the CSO with operational advice and recommendations.
It is essential the applicant have molecular experience and an understanding of genetics, 5+ years’ experience as a scientific team supervisor and leader, with a strong track record of working collaboratively within a team environment.
They should have demonstrated experience, with maintenance and compliance to policies, processes and protocols, and will be involved in the implementation, monitoring and maintenance of standard operating procedures and documentation according to the RHS ISO13485 compliant quality management system and extensive involvement with NATA accreditation under ISO15189 will be viewed favourably.
Attendance and participation in relevant internal and external scientific meetings and staff development and education activities is required, with commitment to ongoing personal education, and active participation in professional development of the technical team.
Ideally the applicant will have well-developed communication skills to foster and maintain internal and external professional relationships, including negotiation, liaison and technical support to distributors and stakeholders. They will bring a positive attitude to the team, be focused and dedicated, a driven problem solver, with excellent technical and administrative skills and the ability to make decisions and act on them. Solid organisational skills including planning, prioritisation, time management and initiative are essential to this role.
A relevant degree in Molecular Biology or equivalent is required
- Advanced skills in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite of programs, in particular Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Experience presenting lectures within the team and at conferences
- Knowledge and hands-on skills within Bioinformatics
- Experience maintaining ISO13485 QMS or ISO 15189 NATA accreditation and oversight of audits
- Background in molecular genetics
- Some out of hours work may be required
- Flexibility to travel interstate and internationally to attend trade shows, conferences and meetings may be required.
The job profile is available from our website at http://www.rhsc.com.au/about-us/career-opportunities/