The Senior SAP Business Solution Analyst supports Pacific Biosciences’s Sales Operations & Distribution team and functions as a strategic partner. The BSA is responsible for working in conjunction with business leadership to understand and document requirements, define functional and technical solutions, evaluate available solutions, define acceptance criteria and test strategies, develop required configuration, work with business constituents on testing and sign-off within SAP and related business applications. The BSA is also responsible for solution architecture & design, which requires a deep understanding of end to end business processes and how they are implemented in IT applications.
• Apply strong knowledge of the business processes for designing, developing, and testing SAP functions associated with pricing, sales, transportation, and other customer-focused transactions
• Facilitate blueprinting and design sessions and create functional requirements
• Configure SAP SD systems to meet client business requirements, including connection points with FI, PP, MM and other modules and implementation of SAP best practices
• Responsible for directing programming resources in the delivery of technical solutions
• Conduct knowledge transfer and training of end-users, including sharing best practices
• Work with business to understand their goals & leads the design of system requirements with innovative solutions. Ensure the ongoing alignment of business architecture, functional architecture and technical architecture from a functional/solution perspective)
• Partners with stakeholders and Identifies business process improvement opportunities and builds business case to encourage the business to implement these solutions
• Conduct data and process analysis using a variety of query tools.
• Troubleshoot system issues as they relate to Order to Cash business process.
• Manages/coordinates work efforts of consultant(s) working on assigned initiatives.
• Contribute where needed to add value including daily support to the end user community.
• Maintains active communication with business users and stakeholders to manage expectations regarding changes to the system and the introduction of new and enhanced functionality.
• Manages multiple priorities, and successfully completes multiple projects with minimal supervision of the work group manager.
• All listed responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.