Senior Research Associate / Scientist
1305 O’Brien Dr.
Menlo Park, CA 94025
Pacific Biosciences is seeking a Senior Research Associate or Scientist to work within a dynamic interdisciplinary team to help us develop and characterize enzymes for our single molecule DNA sequencing system. The successful candidate must have a strong protein expression / purification and molecular biology background. Duties will primarily involve lab work, data analysis, along with sample and database management. Primary lab functions include protein expression, protein purification on a high-throughput platform, and molecular cloning. The successful candidate will be involved with experimental design and implementation with limited supervision. This individual will closely interface with other members of the company in the transitioning of materials.
- The ideal candidate will have a B.S. or M.S. in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or a related scientific field, 1+ years of biotechnology experience, and will have demonstrated working knowledge of scientific principles.
- Requirements include technical proficiency in general laboratory practices with an emphasis on protein biochemistry and molecular biology experience.
- Expertise with protein expression and purification, SDS-PAGE, and operation of robotic liquid handling systems.
- Experience with PCR, cloning, and Next Generation sample preparation is highly desirable.
- Additional skills include assay development, knowledge of DNA analysis software, such as Vector NTI, and experience with database management.
- The candidate must have strong organizational and documentation skills, be able to manage several projects simultaneously, have effective written and verbal communication skills, and be a self-starter who can operate independently, with minimal supervision.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or based on disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
How to Apply
About Our Organization
PacBio is a leading provider of high quality, long-read sequencing platforms.