ArsenalBio’s mission is to develop efficacious and safe cellular therapies for patients with chronic diseases, initially cancer. Our products are being designed to herald the transition of adoptive cell therapy from a hospital based treatment to outpatient therapy, like most other cancer treatments. Our people are our greatest asset, they bring scientific talents in molecular biology, immunology, pharmacology, protein chemistry, computational biology, automation, genome engineering, software and other fields to make the future happen now. ArsenalBio is seeking a Senior Research Associate to support the Genomics platform as a part of our efforts to develop and commercialize curative immune cell therapies. This candidate will be responsible for executing on NGS workflows and generating high quality data on Illumina sequencers. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented, exceptional team player with experience in NGS assays and sequencer operation. The candidate will be expected to partner with the various assay teams within ArsenalBio and will need to identify systems limitations, implement process improvements, write documentation, and be instrumental in the execution of NGS workflows and dissemination of results.What You Will Do
- Coordinate experiment execution with various upstream assay teams.
- Execute complex molecular biology protocols in a robust and consistent manner: Specifically on various 10x Genomics based library prep methods
- Operate, monitor, and maintain Next Generation Sequencing instruments to generate high quality data
- Troubleshoot and test experimental workflows
- Collaborate with the Automation team to scale up standardized NGS workflows
- Keep detailed accurate logs of executed experiments to contribute to the dissemination of results.
- Support and maintain reagent inventory, instrument maintenance, SOP writing, and related administrative tasks.
What You Will Bring
- Bachelors in cell, molecular, immunological, or genomic basis of human diseases
- 3+ years of research experience in a molecular biology laboratory setting; industry experience is a plus.
- Proficient with basic molecular biology laboratory techniques (e.g, pipetting, SPRI, PCR, qPCR) and nucleic acids extraction and analysis techniques (e.g., Nanodrop, Bioanalyzer, Fragment Analyzer, ddPCR, etc.)
- Familiarity with standard liquid handlers and various automation tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and proficiency in GSuite.
- Ability to quickly learn new skills and knowledge on the job, demonstrate productivity, and deliver high-quality results
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Ability to multi-task as needed in a start-up environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status To all recruitment agencies: ArsenalBio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, or Arsenalbio employees. ArsenalBio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.