Senior Research Associate (Genome Sciences) - 79936
The Genomics Division at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (Berkeley Lab) has an immediate career opportunity for a Senior Research Associate (SRA). This position is part of the Berkeley Drosophila Transcription Network Project, a large, interdisciplinary functional genomics project. Under general supervision of a scientist, the SRA will perform, test and optimize protocols for the high throughput analysis of transcription factors that regulate Drosophila development. Will also analyze the in vitro and in vivo DNA binding properties of sequence specific DNA binding proteins by various means, including protein expression in bacterial and insect cells, protein purification, SELEX assays, gel shift assays, in vivo crosslinking, and immunoprecipitation. In addition, help oversee day-to-day laboratory operations, such as the ordering and maintaining equipment and supplies.
• Perform experiments related to the analysis of protein/DNA interactions of animal transcriptional regulatory proteins.
• Organize and perform large-scale projects such as the expression and purification of large numbers of proteins, the analysis of their DNA binding properties, and the isolation of crosslinked chromatin.
• Independently design experiments and achieve milestones in a research environment.
• Independently perform, optimize, and provide input to the development of new biochemical protocols.
• Oversee the ordering of supplies, the repair of equipment, compliance with EH&S polices and procedures and other laboratory maintenance issues.
• Accurately prepare solutions, media and other reagents.
• Collaborate with other laboratory members.
• Participate in laboratory meetings and communicate results to other lab members
• Assist with organizing research results for informatic analysis, publication, and presentations.
• Maintain an accurate and detailed notebook describing experiments performed and quality control that ensures others could duplicate results.