Sequenom Laboratories, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sequenom, Inc., is a CAP accredited and CLIA-certified molecular diagnostics laboratory, dedicated to the development and commercialization of laboratory-developed tests (LDTs). As a life sciences company, Sequenom (NASDAQ: SQNM) has a guiding vision: To improve healthcare by providing revolutionary genomic and genetic analysis solutions for the clinical research and molecular diagnostic markets.
What makes this vision a reality? Our deep commitment to "Quality of Science." For us, only the highest quality is acceptable. Sequenom team members thrive in a "science first" environment where ideas and innovation are part of daily life. This is your opportunity to work on cutting-edge science that is revolutionizing patient care.
Our innovation-driven culture means life at Sequenom is fast-paced, dynamic, and fun with rewarding benefits and performance rewards. With a clear vision for the future, all employees have the opportunity to make a difference and are encouraged to share new ideas. We foster a collaborative work environment and encourage curiosity at all levels. Our corporate headquarters is located in the heart of San Diego’s life sciences community, less than a mile from the beach.
Under general direction, the Senior Research Associate will execute research and development projects and collaborate within the Diagnostics Development department. This position will focus on biochemical and process improvements for diagnostic applications utilizing a variety of molecular biology techniques.
- Aid in the planning and execution of research and development studies
- Perform experiments using advanced molecular biology techniques including PCR, digital PCR, quantitative PCR, variant genotyping and next-generation sequencing
- Translate assay protocols into robotic liquid handling workflows amenable to a high-throughput clinical laboratory environment
- Examine data and assist in the preparation of technical reports, summaries, protocols and quantitative analysis
- Ensure experiments are well documented
- Clearly communicate results and present experimental data in team meetings
- Analyze data using software, such as Excel, JMP, or R