10x is seeking an outstanding (Senior) Research Associate to join the Molecular Biology Process Development team and work on the rapid prototyping and testing of critical 10x reagents. This is a unique cross-disciplinary position that will work closely with R&D, Process Development, QC, and Manufacturing, to develop and validate reagents for the rapid expansion of 10x product lines. Candidates must have a broad working knowledge of molecular biology and be able to apply that knowledge creatively and independently in a fast-paced work environment.
Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, strategic thinkers, action driven, flexible in changing direction and methods, thrive in a fast paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and provide immediate contribution.
- Create NGS libraries from single cells or isolated DNA/RNA using 10x proprietary instruments and consumables.
- Preparation, formulation, and testing of unique 10x reagents either from SOPs or R&D protocols.
- Develop and implement QC methods to assess reagents and kits through a variety of analytical and functional tests.
- Independently troubleshooting formulation and QC issues.
- Working with R&D teams to improve the performance of the reagents in functional assays.
- Maintenance of batch records, documentation and presentation of results, writing of SOPs, and training of other laboratory personnel.
- Ordering and maintaining stocks of consumables and reagents.