The Senior R&D Engineer will be involved with the hands-on development of a new product platform, applying a range of technologies & methods focused on small volume liquid handling and imaging-based inspection methods. This person will also play a key role in defining the systems used to automate and scale the production process, and work with the manufacturing teams to ensure proper hand-off.
- Integrating sensor technologies with automation equipment, and using processed real-time data to control movement
- Design and development of electro-mechanical systems to handle and manipulate micrometer scale features
- Development of algorithms applied to machine vision systems
- Research on new methods to accurately manipulate small fluid volumes
- Mechanical design using SolidWorks
- Demonstrate active leadership during the entire life cycle of the project