The position holder is responsible for providing highly competent and professional coordination to assigned projects and programs, working in support of the Project/Program Manager. Coordinates a wide variety of activities throughout the project lifecycle. Supports value realization tracking.
Role that this position reports to: Project Director or Project Manager
Role/s that report to this position: N/A
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities
1. Create, manage, maintain and update schedules for multiple, large or complex projects and programs as directed.
•Develop procedures to improve scheduling processes.
•Perform analysis (e.g., critical path, program integrated view) and develop timelines for completion of tasks.
•Keep Project Managers informed of impacts to project schedule.
•Assure that schedule data (e.g., milestones) is provided for portfolio analysis as required.
2. Assess, monitor and follow-up on risks, opportunities and issues as directed.
•Assure that Issues, Risks and Opportunities are identified and tracked.
•Assure that appropriate Potential Problem and Opportunity Analyses are conducted, including preventive and mitigating actions as well as promoting and capitalizing actions.
•Follow-up on Issues, Risks and Opportunities with owners.
•Assure that issue, risk and opportunity data is provided for portfolio analysis as required.
3. Coordinates project/program meeting activities as directed.
•Takes meeting notes/minutes
4. Help to assure effective communication, documentation and reporting as directed.
•Administers project SharePoints at the direction of the Manager of assigned projects/programs.
•Assures that project documentation is maintained and appropriately stored and accessible as required.
•Supports the creation and distribution of project reporting at the direction of the Manager of assigned projects.
•Supports effective team and external communication.
5. Helps to manage vendor relationships and contracts (e.g., Master Service Agreements, Statements of Work, etc.) as directed.
6. Supports effective onboarding and off boarding of project team members.
7. Helps to document project success criteria, objectives, measures and standards and assess and track value as directed.
8. Coordinates activities including a combination of:
•Project time management (e.g., scheduling, resource tracking, integrated views)
•Project cost management (e.g., budgeting, forecasting, expense payment and control)
•Risk/Opportunity and Issue management (e.g., identification, assessment, tracking, and follow-up)
•Project/Program administration (e.g., meeting planning, agendas, minutes)
•Procurement support (e.g., working to set up vendors and contracts)
•Onboarding and off boarding activities (e.g., team members and contingent workers)
•Communication and follow-up
9. Completes any other duties/responsibilities assigned by senior management.
Education : College degree, preferably in a related technical subject, business or industry-related subject or equivalent related work experience
Project management certification / training desirable
•3 - 5 years of experience in related fields and/or in the area of project management/coordination. Experience in using formal project management methodology, techniques, and tools.
•Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); experience with Microsoft Project and Visio preferred.
•Proficiency and use of enterprise computer applications including the Microsoft suite of products and project management software.
•Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills across cultures.
•Optimizes Work Processes
Worker Sub Type: