DNAnexus combines expertise in cloud computing and bioinformatics to create the global network for genomic medicine. DNAnexus provides security, scalability, and collaboration for organizations that are pursuing genomic-based approaches to health, in the clinic and in the research lab.
The DNAnexus team works directly with organizations to tackle some of the most challenging and exciting opportunities in human health, making it easier—and in many cases feasible—to work with genomic data. The future of human health is in genomics. DNAnexus brings it all together.
Reporting directly to the CTO, a Senior Program Manager will lead and manage all Engineering programs. As a dynamic, forward-thinker with an exceptional track record of building industry solutions you will work closely with executive management, sales, product management, marketing and professional services.
- Driving execution for a large group of Engineering initiatives
- Evangelizing the vision, and leading change
- Manage across multiple teams to stay focused and moving forward on strategic goals while you aggressively manage dependencies and remove obstacles that stand between your team and business & customer success
- This role is a technical professional with strong program management background in leading enterprise application development and implementing enterprise computing solutions.
- Assists in the development of short, medium, and long term plans to achieve strategic objectives. Regularly interacts across functional areas with senior management or executives to ensure unit objectives are met
- Define and document the Product Build lifecycle (Inception, Elaboration, Construct) with templates and knowledge management systems for associated artifacts
- Map inflight programs to the lifecycle, performing gap analysis to highlight areas for compliance and improvement
- Work with associated teams to ensure cross functional programs align with strategic objectives of the company and driven them through the lifecycle.
- Define quantitative leading (ex. depth of ready backlog) and lagging (ex. sprint fallout) action oriented KPIs for the Product Build and New Product Introduction lifecycles
- Define, maintain and monitor ongoing systems for capacity planning across the Product Build lifecycle
- Chair and run the operational steering committee that provides action-oriented oversight across all programs
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Management Information Systems, or MBA preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in computer system applications with increasing responsibilities; including 5 years of managerial experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be comfortable working with cross-function teams to achieve a common goal.
- Ability to present data and analysis in an organized, clear, and concise manner.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Hands on experience leading SaaS software initiatives through the Agile development cycle with a track record of successfully leading outcome based programs and teams
- Excellent track record of successfully implementing and managing infrastructure programs; familiarity with the SaaS business model and its product development lifecycle. Experience building systems/processes/tools vs. just having used them
- A persuasive, credible and polished communication style with excellent interpersonal skills
- To be a team player that can interrelate and operate effectively with peers and team members in a “collegial” yet demanding work environment
- No ego. You love doing what it takes to get things done.
Based in Mountain View, California, DNAnexus is experiencing rapid growth and is searching for the best talent to join our team. Key investors include Google Ventures, TPG Biotech, Wuxi NextCODE and Claremont Creek.
If you are interested in joining our team, please apply today!