When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
Orchestrate and lead a collaborative planning process to define and execute the software strategy to support the Genetic Science Division Clinical Vertical’s commercial business goals.
What will you do?
- Define the strategy for the Clinical Vertical’s software product portfolio and how it addresses applications across different business units.
- Identify key 3rd party vendors to partner with to complete our software solutions and to build business/marketing relationships.
- Partner with R&D and product management peers to successfully define and execute new product and sustaining product plans. Partner with Product Marketing and Market Development to incorporate regional considerations in portfolio decisions and go to market priorities. Work collaboratively with Product Marketing and the Sales & Support organization, to ensure successful implementation of our go-to-market plans to accomplish customer adoption, use goals and financial objectives.
- Own the customer-driven process to define a software product strategy (workflows) around application areas.
- Provide technical marketing support to sales/support teams, training and tool development.
- Collect VOC from customers and internal stakeholders for customer requirements to the software development team.
- Train support organization on product usage, and error modes. Serve as a node in the support escalation path. Convey defects and usage issues back to the software development team. Determine the patch release/versioning approach.
- Participate in key industry forums, conferences & trade shows and customer visits to advocate for the clinical vertical’s software strategy and portfolio.
Domestic and international travel 30% of the time
How will you get here?
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, with a strong preference for an advanced degree (MS or PhD), MBA strongly preferred
- 10+ years of a software developer or software product management experience with a phased gate product development methodology for life science. Agile and AWS experience a plus.
- Broad knowledge of all areas within a particular corporate sub-function or a function within an operation. Typically has the depth of technical knowledge in cloud-based software.
- Requires an understanding of software markets and sales opportunities for the company’s products.
- Experience in Life Sciences, Genomics, or Pharmaceutical industries. Experience with molecular and/or DNA array technology is highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Communication skills
- Ability to be successful in a highly matrix environment