When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing the P&L and new product strategy for our CE/Sanger and Next Generation Sequencing service & support portfolio within the Global Services and Support business. You will create and implement global business initiatives to accelerate the growth of these strategically important service portfolios and drive revenue and profitability targets, price setting/margin strategies, new product strategy, innovative marketing strategies, and provide day-to-day product sustaining management.
- Manage the Sequencing service and support business strategy including market outlook, competitive assessment and opportunity prioritization. Build business plans with global network to support product line strategy and financial viability; present to senior management.
- Develop new service and support product offerings following the Product Commercialization Process. Leverage functional expertise across Thermo Fisher Scientific to identify new product and service offerings that will support growth of a multi-generational portfolio. Provide vision to cross functional internal teams based on market dynamics, geographic regions, customer segmentation, and competition.
- Ensure the successful hand off from new product development to market expansion after launch and commercialization of product. Manage full product life cycle including product discontinuation strategies to ensure seamless customer experience and smooth revenue transition.
- Manage P&L financials and annual revenue targets of the Sequencing service and support portfolio. Capture and track results. Partner with regional marketing and regional sales to drive revenue growth plans. Model future product growth and strategy to support portfolio.
- Delineation of the 4 P’s of Marketing: Product, Price, Place, Promotion for a portfolio of offerings, taking into consideration: customer segmentation, value proposition, and product positioning message. Create and deliver launch plans for new products, on time and on budget.
- Create compelling value propositions that effectively match our core business strengths to market needs, and work with market development to develop/deliver specific marketing messages to stimulate demand.
- Work with regional marketing and global market development teams to use market research and voice of customer feedback in specific regions and customer segments to understand dynamics of market evolution and competitive forces to maintain competitive advantage. Leverage information to create segment specific product strategies and offerings.
- Ensure sales and delivery cycle for all products is user-centered and smooth—an experience that delights the customer and increases the Customer Allegiance Score of the company.