We are seeking a Senior Product Manager to provide marketing leadership in a cross-functional team to ensure timely commercialization of new diagnostic solutions and product enhancements. This individual will be working within a fast paced, interdisciplinary team where communication and teamwork skills are essential. We are passionate in delivering to our mission and are looking for someone who can apply the same passion when it comes to managing a product.
BASIC FUNCTION:Responsible for developing and maintaining updated marketing requirements and product specifications for products in development. Acts as the voice of the customer to prioritize product requirements and ensure new product concepts have customer-desired features. Works closely with Product Development to bring new products to market.
- Upstream product management of a product or product line – work cross-functionally to support the conceptualization, development, and market launch phases of IVD products including both instruments and assays.
- Market intelligence – understand customers’ needs, pain points and buying criteria; understand competitive landscape and ways to beat the competition; maintain market knowledge and market trends.
- Using VOC (voice of the customer) and market research prepare business cases and Design Input Requirements (DIR) for instrumentation and a growing menu of IVD assays in the area of infectious diseases
- Work with the Product Development team to ensure delivery of the final product while ensuring that the product meets performance and quality metrics.
- Create and/or approve product labeling and packaging in accordance with regulatory and corporate guidelines
- Leads all aspects of new product releases focusing on time targets, forecasting, support documentation and other areas to ensure a successful launch.
- Work closely with downstream marketing to transition the product into commercial use.
- Work with Customer Support and Sales to monitor product issues and customer feedback to prioritize features incorporated into new releases and to anticipate new product needs.
- Keep abreast of regulatory requirements as it pertains to hospital labs and develop product plans to implement new requirements.
- Represent company as needed at professional meetings.
- Establish and maintain productive relationships with users of the product and other influential thought leaders