All About Us
Illumina is improving human health by unlocking the power of the genome. Our focus on innovation has established us as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies, serving customers in the research, clinical and applied markets. Our products are used for applications in the life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging segments.
lllumina has experienced phenomenal growth from $10 million in revenues in 2002 to approximately $2.2 billion in 2015. Forbes named Illumina #1 on the 2009 list of 25 Fastest-Growing Technology Companies in the United States, the second time over a three year period that Forbes ranked Illumina #1 on its list of rapidly growing technology companies. Illumina was also named #1 smartest company in the world as part of MIT’s 2014 Technology Review. As of February 2016, the company had a $21 billion market capitalization.
• Participate in process design, development, definition, and quality test activities in the making of consumable products or support of processes/equipment used to sequence genomes.
• Troubleshoot and resolve production line issues related to process, equipment, yield, quality, and throughput.
• Construct and execute controlled experiments (including DOE's) to optimize processes, address yield and quality issues and drive implementation of solutions in a development environment to meet project goals.
• Transfer technology, processes, products from Development into a regulated manufacturing environment.
• Analyze process test results, issue reports and make technical recommendations.
• Work cross functionally with R&D, Manufacturing and Quality to improve processes of existing products.
• Define technical requirements and write procedures for Production to process product.
• Work experience in the biotech, pharmaceutical or medical device industries is required.
• Work experience in ISO, CLIA, CE-IVD, or IVD regulated industries is required.
• High level problem solving and reasoning skills required.
• Experience with liquid handling and filling technologies preferred.
• Experience with fluorescence imaging technologies preferred.
• Experience with chemical processes (preferably organic) preferred.
• Experience with statistics, Statistical Process Control and DOE techniques is a plus.
• Experience with high volume production in a high tech, high volume consumables industry is a plus.
• High level computer skills are required. Intermediate level programming knowledge is strongly desired.
• Experience with product development processes and project management is a plus.
• Good interdepartmental communication skills and documentation skills are required.
• Demonstrated ability to accomplish goals while working across departments is required.
• B.S./M.S./ PhD in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Bioengineering, Biotechnical Engineering, or Physical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Chemistry, with at least 6 years of relevant experience in production support/sustaining and/or process definition and development, design, scale-up, improvement and validation.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.