- Design ownership of DNA sequencing instrument that includes microfluidics, pneumatics, electronics, and thermal components, including all design files and production transfer documentation
- Design of fixtures, assembly, and test for pre-production instruments for hand off to contract manufacturers
- Defining test procedures, control plans and process sheets to transfer to production.
- Inspection, assembly and test of prototype parts, devices and machines.
- Work with cross functional teams to validate and optimize instruments for assay effectiveness and reproducibility
- Design and build next generation version of the instrument after successful handoff to production
- Supervise system design team (4 – 6 people) and prototyping engineering laboratory