The Senior Network Engineer is a core contributor to the IT Infrastructure Services team responsible for design, implementation and delivery of Genomic Health’s global network reference architecture. The candidate must demonstrate experience with a broad range of networking technologies, network security, firewalls, VPN and Intrusion detection, VoIP and Voice traffic technologies, LAN, WAN, MAN and cloud connectivity. The candidate must possess a systematic and analytical approach to their work, a strategic understanding of the role of Information Technology in the organization, and will work with the Infrastructure Services Operations team to address problems by developing comprehensive and sustainable solutions.
Take an ownership role of the development of network solutions and reference technologies by gathering requirements, designing, implementing, documenting and transferring knowledge to the operations team for managing systems though their lifecycle. Provide and maintain documentation of the network architecture and design, infrastructure components, and operating procedures.
- Develop conceptual, logical and physical design of network solutions including those related to LAN, Voice Traffic (QoS, Voice gateways configuration, MS Lync VoIP, MPLS, etc), firewall and security, Global WAN/MAN, global distributed network (PBR, Dynamic Routing, DMVPN, etc.), VPN, Network Load balancing etc….
- Develop detailed implementation, test plans and quality metrics focusing on High Availability, Performance Resiliency, Scalability and Supportability. Lead the implementation and test execution in collaboration with the operations team to ensure smooth transition to the operations team. Provide all the necessary documentation for ongoing support and evidence of solution quality
- Collaborate with other tech domain SMEs for total end to end infrastructure solutions delivery.
- Maintain Network solutions roadmap and present on regular basis strategic vision for proposed future network technologies and improvements aligned to corporate strategy. Proactively advise the management on ongoing needs and issues related to network and security infrastructure. Communicate industry trends, best practices and opportunity for technology and process optimization.
- Assist and participate in management, monitoring, and troubleshooting the network infrastructure as an escalation resource for the operations team.
- Participate in design review discussions with other members of the IT Infrastructure Services team.
- Act as a mentor and resource to junior engineers, operations, and support staff