The Senior Molding/Process Development Engineer will be the technical liaison for consumable parts within the Technical Tooling group. This individual will lead the development and sustaining engineering of mold processing and tooling design/development and coordinate with CSET, Planning, Purchasing, R&D, and our outside vendors to implement scientific molding principles into our products.
The Senior Molding/Process Development Engineer will also be tasked with engineering support of Production / Planning, Automation Engineering, and quality issues related to consumables. This position will involve a high degree of technical hands-on work, part and tool design, and documentation activities. The successful candidate will be highly organized and comfortable managing multiple projects simultaneously while demonstrating excellent cross-functional communication skills. This individual should possess a solid base of direct technical experience in design and manufacturing of high-volume plastic injection molded products.
• Define the requirements for the production of new consumables tooling and parts design by working closely with R&D.
• Coordinate with Production, Planning, and Purchasing to prioritize and drive the qualification and re-qualification of injection molding tooling used to manufacture Cepheid proprietary consumables.
• Coordinate with Production, Planning, and Purchasing to strategically manage Cepheid's High Volume Consumables Tooling program.
• Drive for results - delivering high quality plastic injection molded products in a timely and cost-efficient manner.
• Participate in failure analyses, First Article Inspections, parts design reviews, and test method development.
• Maintain documentation of Cepheid’s consumables parts, development, and qualifications according to ISO, CE/IVD, and FDA Quality standards.