Foundation Medicine is aiming to build a high-performing, experienced Medical Science Liaison Team to round out our highly respected Medical Affairs Team specifically related to developing and enhancing a strong network of Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) to support the commercial and scientific efforts and objectives of the company. We are seeking multiple field-based, highly trained Senior Medical Science Liaisons and Medical Science Liaisons (MSLs) with strong clinical and/or scientific backgrounds and excellent communication skills to initiate and sustain an exchange of scientific information with key external customers and internal teams. Activities include conducting scientific presentations to health care providers, emphasizing the medical and scientific strengths of the company’s existing products, well as with any future company development initiatives. The Sr MSL/MSL will address scientific questions, as well as promote and develop access to key thought leaders in their assigned region and utilize these relationships to collaborate where appropriate on educational and research opportunities. This position will report to the VP, Medical Affairs and will require approximately 70% travel. At this time we are considering candidates that are based in any location in the Continental United States.
- Function as a regional MSL specializing in Medical Affairs interactions and initiation and exchange of scientific information with key opinion leaders and other physicians in the oncology and pathology settings
- Facilitate education regarding FMI products in the hematology/oncology and pathology communities as a scientific expert through presentations and scientific exchange
- Help identify and establish relationships with key opinion leaders, clinical and research leaders including academicians, clinicians, medical directors and other HCPs, and provide regular support and education regarding disease state awareness and FMI clinical data
- Respond to scientific/genomic inquiries from HCP customers promptly
- Assist with identification of investigator initiated studies, guiding through the approval process, and monitoring study progress
- Facilitate involvement in national, regional and local scientific forums including symposia, tumor boards and training meetings
- Contribute to scientific messaging for promotional materials, provide competitive insight and work with managers to provide leadership and strategies to develop advocates for the company
- Develop and create materials such as slide decks, training materials, white papers, monographs, case report summaries, clinical synopses
- Integrate efforts with Medical Affairs for organization of scientific advisory boards, key opinion leader management, coordination of clinical trials, and execution of publication strategy
- Gather market intelligence on competitor products and new products in development.