10x Genomics is seeking a Senior Marketing Communications Leader with an established background in genomics, genetics, bioinformatics or applications of next-generation sequencing. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical skills, scientific writing experience, and an interest in developing the future of genomics.
The Senior Marketing Communications Manager is part of the Commercial Marketing Team at 10x Genomics, will lead our content strategy, and manage all aspects of content creation, review, and publication. The main responsibilities of this position include managing, developing, writing and editing technical marketing materials that engage and educate customers, providing provocative sales tools that contribute to customer acquisition, training, and market development.
- Directly Manage a growing team of commercial marketing professionals
- Develop a multi-media content strategy to effectively communicate about 10x Genomics, the technology, the science, and products in a way that is exciting and thought provoking
- Content creation, writing, and copy-editing of provocative materials for customer education, nurturing and engagement
- Create content appropriate for digital, print and multi-media marketing materials, to include: website, blog, brochures, videos, animations, email, direct mail, white papers, researcher spotlights, and editorials.
- Assist with social media content, which may include blog, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, and others
- Copy-editing of customer facing marketing materials, both print and digital, to ensure grammatical and technical accuracy, consistency with corporate brand standards and guidelines, and that all customer-facing materials are legally compliant with copyright and trademark requirements
- Work collaboratively in a team environment with internal and external contributors, including: Product Managers, Graphic Designers, Scientists, and other Technical and Marketing Writers
- Develop collaborative content with Key Customers, Co-Marketing partners and industry influencers
- Maintain consistency across customer-facing materials for brand identity and product messaging
- Detail oriented and meticulous, able to uphold quality standards of style and grammar to produce high quality edited materials
- Manage projects and solve problems independently, effective at managing external resources, and excited to lead new assignments with minimal instructions and supervision.
- Excellent time management, able to prioritize and manage multiple projects successfully under tight timelines, be flexible, able to shift priorities when necessary to meet deadlines.