At Illumina, we apply innovative technologies for studying genetic variation and function, making studies possible that were not even imaginable just a few years ago. These revolutionary tools for DNA, RNA, and protein analysis are enabling rapid advances in disease research, drug development, and the development of molecular tests in the clinic.
As a key member of the Oncology Market Development team, this individual will be responsible to develop, implement and actively manage the market development strategy across a variety of market verticals, such as immuno-oncology, hematology and large scale genomic analysis of tumors. Ideal candidates for this position will have strong knowledge of genomics in oncology and an understanding of how discoveries are being translated into clinical practice. In this position the candidate would have the opportunity to collaborate across multi-disciplinary, international teams and cultivate key partnerships with KOLs in support of strategic Oncology programs. Successful candidates will combine strong scientific understanding with strategic analysis, business acumen and leadership skills.
• Work with product management, regional teams and senior management to develop and implement market development strategies for key target markets
• Partner with field teams, business development, corporate marketing and product management to execute strategy and hit milestones
• Build and manage close relationships with KOLs and industry influencers in order to achieve market development goals and stay abreast of emerging market trends
• Leverage and communicate market information internally to best inform Illumina’s product development, regulatory and market entry strategies
• Support Commercial in-field activities including customer & field education on utilization of new and existing Oncology products
• Develop scientific and clinical proof points to increase system placements and reagent utilization
• Qualify and define collaboration opportunities at strategic labs
• Synthesize customer experiences and desires into new Oncology product concepts in partnership with Product Marketing
Required Skills & Experience
• Master’s Degree in Genetics, Molecular Biology, or other related science field; MBA, MD or Ph.D. is desirable
• 4+ years’ experience with genomics technologies, products and/or applications
• 4+ years’ experience in translational research or clinical trials or other related experiences
• Previous business development, sales, or marketing experience related to genomics and clinical practice
• Proven experience in a strategic role working collaboratively and independently to drive results
• Ability to influence across the organization at all levels
• Willingness to travel up to 30%
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.
Illumina is improving human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. Having built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, we’ve established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. We are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives.
We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Our revenue grew from $10 million in 2002 to approximately $2.2 billion in 2015. Our growth isn’t just revenue; we’ve been hiring the best and the brightest. That’s why MIT ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies list three years running, including #1 in 2014. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you – imagine the possibilities.