10x is looking for an outstanding individual to join its instrument and consumable sustaining team. This is a key position for the support of commercialization of products associated with Next Generation Sequencing chemistries. This person will be responsible for manufacturing support and quality for complex biotechnology equipment.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in mechanical engineering and systems troubleshooting. Knowledge and hands on experience with contract manufacturing, yield enhancement methods, correlation and ANOVA analysis, quality systems databases, developing statistical process control for instrument manufacturing and previous experience in manufacturing with contract vendors are required.
Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, strategic thinkers, action driven, flexible in changing direction and methods, thrive in a fast paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and provide immediate contribution.
- Work with 10x manufacturing and design teams to assure continuing quality of 10x products
- Engage with contract manufactures to implement production quality control, root cause investigations, RMA actions, continuous process improvement
- Drive quality and process improvements with contract manufacturing through creation of ECOs, BOMs, part drawings
- Analyze non-conforming parts and failures to determine root cause and corrective actions. Implement solutions and monitor recurrence
- Define, measure and report key metrics for production quality and cost
- Developing and writing assembly procedures and test methods. ECO and ERP/MRP systems
- Define design for manufacturing requirements for new product development