Come join HP, the founder of Silicon Valley. We are looking for highly talented people to join the Technology Strategy and Ventures team at HP.
The team works with HP’s business units and on behalf of the company’s executive leadership team to drive the development of HP’s long-term technology vision and strategy. We distill socio-economic, demographic, technological, and industry trends to identify new market segments, products, and business models that will help shape HP’s future growth. We lead investigations and incubations of disruptive, technology enabled new businesses for HP. And we are responsible for HP’s partnership and investment activities with early-stage start-ups in industry-shifting technology areas (e.g., Artificial Intelligence, Advanced Manufacturing, Digital Health, VR/AR, Security, Gaming, 3D Printing).
The HP Technology Strategy and Ventures team is driving the strategic direction for our new, microfluidics-based, growth businesses… beginning with healthcare diagnostics. As the world’s largest microfluidics company with 30+ years of inkjet printing experience, we have the expertise and scale to make sophisticated microfluidics solutions that can disrupt healthcare diagnostics through performance and cost.
As part of this team, you will leverage your prior healthcare/ life sciences experience to create, launch, and manage breakthrough products for HP’s new initiatives in healthcare. You will collaborate with R&D, Strategy, and Business Development teams to develop products/ solutions for key diagnostic markets. As part of the founding team for a new business, you will have the opportunity to work closely with senior leaders on strategic issues in a highly entrepreneurial environment.
- Conduct market, competitive, and customer research to identify needs and trends
- Synthesize insights to develop a compelling product vision and winning value proposition
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Create and maintain multi-year product strategy and roadmap
- Develop feature lists, user stories, road maps, customer needs documents, market requirements, and product requirements documents for engineering execution
- Develop and drive an MVP approach; define and test specific value propositions of the product solution; make appropriate prioritization and trade-off decisions with engineering
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to scope, design, concept test, and deliver products
- Own and drive hardware and consumable platform strategy and implementation
- Oversee regulatory approvals and clinical trials
- Develop business plans, competitive strategies, pricing analyses, sales/revenue forecasts, product positioning plans, and launch plans
- Support product launches; prepare presentations and appropriate product specific collateral for sales, support, and training
- Postgraduate degree in relevant life sciences field
- 8+ years overall experience with at least 5 years of product management experience, preferably in healthcare diagnostics
- Successful track record of developing and launching medical diagnostics devices
- Deep understanding of healthcare and life sciences markets and applications from a technical and business perspective, preferably in molecular diagnostics and point of care segment
- Robust knowledge of healthcare diagnostics market landscape – customer segments (e.g., reference labs, hospitals, physician practices, retail clinics), competitive landscape, and global trends
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements for diagnostics (US and CE, preferably China SFDA); demonstrated record of successful submissions for IVD approvals
- Strong experience working with partners and delivering value through partnerships
- Excellent executive-level presentation and communication skills
- Self-starter with ability to handle ambiguous situations and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
- Team player with ability to deliver results cross-functionally within a large organization