The Jackson Laboratory for Genomic Medicine in Farmington, CT is seeking a Senior Manager of Genome Technologies to supervise the operations and technical staff in The Jackson Laboratory for Genomic Medicine (JAX-GM) Genome Technologies (GT) services. A primary responsibility is the management of the GT team to ensure that the quality and throughput of the services are consistent and of a high standard and meets the demands of the customers. Position requires a high degree of expertise in the field of Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) and functional genomic analysis such as RNA-seq and ChIP-seq. The Manager is responsible for implementing new production ready methods and instrumentation for GT service offerings. Position also requires administrative duties such as service reports grant progress reports, costing and budget management.
- Manage the genomics technology pipelines and operation to provide high quality and efficient services. Manage technical staff through performance reviews and coaching. Foster communication through individual and group meetings with team members. Assign group resources to processes/projects maximizing throughput and quality. Manage customer relations and ensure second-to-none customer experience while leveraging internal and outsourced NGS capacities (e.g. NYGC). Maintain accurate cost analyses for all service processes. Impact maintenance and implementation of new functionality in Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS). Generate monthly, quarterly, and annual metrics reports.
- Facilitate and/or lead meetings with investigators concerning experimental design and on-going project status. Present pertinent information to key internal and external audiences, at user meetings, conferences, courses, and lab tours.
- Responsible for scale up and delivery of new production services as well as implementing improvements to existing processes.
- Collaborate with Computational Sciences (CS) to coordinate data processing and analysis practices including the investigation and development of tools and methods to assist staff in analysis of data from experiments.
- Partner closely with the Director of Genome Technologies and the Senior Manager of GT-JMG (Bar Harbor, ME) to coordinate efforts across the Bar Harbor and Connecticut campuses, including periodic travel between campuses.
- Technical leadership. Data is delivered with the highest quality and accuracy as possible while meeting established or expected timelines.
- Effective team management. Team members are provided with adequate feedback and training as well as opportunity for growth and advancement. Cross-training on all critical applications is a priority.
- Effective administrative management of service. Quarterly reports, metrics, billing are performed accurately and on time.
- Effective fiscal management of service. With input from the Associate Director and financial analysts, develop accurate service costs, budgets and forecasts.
- Process improvement.
- Effective customer service. As a part of performance reviews, customers will be surveyed to gain feedback on performance.