The Senior Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis serves as the Center’s main point person for the organization’s budgeting and financial analysis function. She/He is responsible compiling the organization-wide budget, meeting with stakeholders, preparing variance analysis and periodic re-forecasting. This individual will be expected to maintain and understand all underlying details of the Center’s budget and to track detailed changes as strategic and financial assumptions evolve over time. This position reports to the Associate Director, Financial Planning & Analysis and will have visibility and interactions with all scientific and administrative departments at the Center.
- Main point of contact for annual budget development and periodic re-forecasting.
- Responsible for analysis of monthly, quarterly and annual budget to actual variances.
- Support overall financial planning & analysis activities of the Center.
Financial Reporting, Budgeting, and Reforecasting
- Analyze monthly, quarterly and annual budget to actuals financial variances.
- Prepare, distribute departmental reports and meet with managers monthly/quarterly.
- Compile financial statements, financial summary, and presentation materials for Board meetings.
- Work on the annual budget process.
- Communicate with stakeholders.
- Compile organization-wide budget.
- Assist with the development of quarterly projections.
- Meet with stakeholders to update financial forecasts.
- Assist with the development of long-term projections as needed, including cash flow projections.
- Continue to streamline and suggest improvements for more useful financial reporting and analysis tools for the Center’s senior management team.
- Work on ad-hoc financial analysis scenarios as requested by senior management team.
- Support Associate Director, Financial Planning & Analysis with cost-modelling and business proposal development as needed.