Job Title: Sr Manager, Algorithm Development
Requisition ID: 126935BR
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
How will you make an impact?
You will be a part of the fast-growing field of Clinical Diagnostics developing algorithms for molecular diagnostics based on real-time PCR technologies. Your interaction and collaboration with a talented team of assay, reagents, software, hardware designers and manufacturing will revolutionize healthcare through high throughput diagnostic systems. Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. has played a pivotal role in the COVID-19 pandemic with the TaqPath COVID-19 Combo Kit for testing SARS-CoV-2. We continue to innovate and provide new solutions for the pandemic and we need your talent to help save lives.
What will you do?
- Manage a team of algorithm developers by developing and expanding team skills
- Provide leadership in career development
- Project management by aligning skills with tasks, scheduling and prioritization
- Clearly defining algorithm development goals and success criteria
- Spearhead the acquisition and generation of data to support development and testing
- Develop collaborations with academic and commercial labs
- Develop standards and process for operations
- Work closely with team to accomplish goals and review progress
- Manage upwards by aligning management goals and expectations
What will your team do?
- Develop algorithms to classify results of qPCR molecular tests
- Develop algorithms for detection of workflow failures, sample collection failures and qPCR issues
- Develop software and analysis pipelines for data mining large datasets
- Develop classification algorithms and model data
- Perform root cause analysis
- Review and analyze customer data and results
- Collaborate and communicate with various teams and business units