In this role you will be equally responsible for the strategy and execution of our analytics products, services and programs. You’re thought leadership is widely recognized and you have made significant contributions to the field of bioinformatics or computational biology through peer-reviewed publications, patents and successfully commercialized products. You have hands-on experience with major [meta]genomics projects, biomarker discovery initiatives and diagnostic algorithm development. You’re at ease using command-line tools, as well as creating them from scratch using scripting languages like Python, Perl, R, etc. People describe you as having an uncanny ability to derive biological and clinical insights from even the most intimidating data sets. You dream about novel statistical methods, and about how best to succinctly visualize the outputs of your analyses. Most importantly, you have strong and well-informed opinions about how all of the above must coalesce to deliver value in a regulated / ISO certified environment.
Additionally you will:
- Engage thought leaders and customers alike to understand unmet need /trends influencing multi-omic (esp. microbiome-based) research and clinical development
- Understand essential functionality required to broaden access to microbiome-based and multi-omic research
- Apply best practises in software development to build data processing and analytical pipelines that integrate multi-omic and patient-derived characteristics of interest
- Create and implement strategies designed to drive adoption of our solutions, as well as the integration of our solutions into 3rd party applications
- Create interactive data visualizations that are equally intuitive and scientifically rigorous.
- Analyze complex technology problems and develop solutions that are market-driven and understood in business terms.
- Lead and mentor a small but talented team of computational biologists and engineers while collaborating with R&D bench scientists and clinicians.
- Represent the company as a subject matter expert with integrity and authority at conferences and with customers and collaborators.