QIAGEN is the leading global provider of Sample to Insight solutions to transform biological materials into valuable molecular insights. QIAGEN Bioinformatics is a recognized leader in biologist friendly analysis and interpretation solutions helping thousands of researchers and clinicians at hundreds of leading pharmaceutical, biotechnology, academic, diagnostic and clinical institutions worldwide to better understand the complex biological systems foundational to human health and disease. With a strong focus on our customers, QIAGEN has developed a loyal and passionate user base that is the core of the company’s success in the dynamic and evolving bioinformatics market.
As a clinical implementation project manager within the Content, Engineering and Operations Team, you will be the project owner for onboarding strategic clinical diagnostic laboratories to QIAGEN Clinical Insight. You will work closely with new, existing and prospective customers to provide technical project management, resource coordination, implementation project planning, milestone management, gap analysis and requirements definition for committed capabilities. A customer service orientation is a key part of the role - setting realistic expectations, timely follow-up and resolution of issues.
- Manage implementation projects from deal close through development and into production. This includes understanding the deal framework well enough to enable system requirement definition and product gap identification with an eye to a quick transition to revenue generation
- Work with and provide leadership for the sales team, scientists, engineers and contractors working through development, deployment, customer acceptance and project completion
- Work with a multi-disciplinary support team and across business areas toward successful customer onboarding. Provide leadership and problem solving for the customer support, content and software development teams to this end
- Provide expertise in project planning and timeline development & management. Develop a cost-effective plan and schedule for completion of project following a logical pattern for utilization of resources
- Track and control progress, schedule and associated costs to achieve completion of project within time and budget. Coordinate work of multi-site teams and contractors working on various phases of the project
- Review all designs and validations to make sure that both contractual and customer expectations are managed to successful project completion
- Manage project risks, define mitigation plans, and report to stakeholders and upper management about progress and any necessary modifications of plans required