Reporting to the Senior Manager, Finance, the Senior Grants Accountant will be responsible for maintaining financial and compliance documentation with regards to federal awards, private grants, and NYGC Faculty startup funds subject to internal and external audits. The Senior Grants Accountant will collaborate closely with principal investigators, Sponsored Research and finance department staff to maintain timely, accurate financial and compliance data from various funding sources in NYGC’s different software applications. This role is ideal for someone with an accounting background that wants to grow knowledge and skills regarding general and non-profit accounting principles, as well as government compliance and sponsored research principles.
Budget mainenence and data analysis
- Maintaining accurate budget vs. actual reports for all funding sources currently available to NYGC Faculty;
- Working with faculty to project future spending on various funding sources;
- Assisting with development and implementation of more comprehensive time and effort tracking of company wide projects;
- Producing ad hoc expenditure reports and data analyses;
- Working with lab managers to streamline purchasing process as it relates to NYGC Faculty; and,
- Maintaining IT Works database to ensure financial and compliance records match SAP general ledger; reconciling differences between the two databases.
- Assisting with assembling information needed for annual Single Audit;
- Obtaining and updating effort certifications as required, and assisting with implementation of electronic certification system;
- Assisting with preparing federal grant drawdown requests, and invoicing other grantors; and,
- Reviewing purchase orders and invoices for compliance with grant/funding terms, and NYGC’s internal expense policies.
Financial Modeling and Reporting
- Assisting with development and maintenance of a fee for service model -Specialized Service Facility (SSF) and annual cost analysis; and,
- Assisting with preparation of annual Indirect Cost Proposal.