Do you want to use your software engineering talents to solve computational problems of real scientific and medical importance? Do want to help develop a cutting-edge technology that reveals the mysteries of life itself? Pacific Biosciences is seeking a talented software engineer to build tools to analyze SMRT (Single Molecule, Real Time) sequencing data to address diverse sequencing applications areas. The candidate will develop robust, reliable and scalable algorithms in the areas of de novo assembly, alignment, graph-traversal, HMMs and much more.
• Self-starter that thrives within a challenging, fast-paced, multi-disciplinary team environment.
• Developing new algorithms to solve complex scientific data processing problems.
• Building production grade software solutions adhering to company standards and practices.
• Commitment to test-driven development.
• Communicating professionally with a diverse group of clients and staff.
• Defining timelines and estimates for complex tasks that may involve research.