Why is one person more likely to develop a disease, like cancer, than someone else? Why would one person respond differently to treatment than another? Illumina’s technologies are helping researchers and clinicians around the world answer these questions and others, on a scale not even possible a few years ago.
Illumina is the only life sciences company developing genome-wide technologies for genotyping, gene expression and sequencing—the three cornerstones of modern genetic analysis. By enabling studies of thousands of patient samples at once, our products set genetic discovery on fast forward. And we’re just getting started.
The Senior Director, Market Development for Illumina’s Oncology Business Unit is responsible for support of commercial launch of RUO and IVD products by creating solutions that address common adoption barriers. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead a team of market development professionals, and coordinate across a global team of commercial, market development and marketing professionals
- Establish processes and best-practices in measuring clinical impact, clinical outcome, health resources and cost containment, and developing value dossiers
- Coordinate with CMO, Medical Affairs to establish best-practices in sponsored trial design
- Coordinate with product marketing to develop product requirements documents, evidence development and commercial support activities
- Coordinate with marketing and commercial leaders to establish best-practices in sales training, specifically, targeting, stakeholder mapping
- Coordinate with market access team to support payer relations and reimbursement activities
- Identify key adoption barriers in strategic geographies and lead planning and execution across the global organization
- Coordinate a network of key opinion leaders, advocacy groups and key stakeholders to support Illumina strategy development and tactical execution
- Coordinate Illumina’s external sponsored research activities
- Present strategies and updates to executive team
- Plan and manage a budget