Agilent's Diagnostics and Genomics group provides solutions that include instruments, software, consumables and services that enable customers to help answering questions raised in the various stages of the clinical continuum, from basic research, thru. clinical research & LDT, to clinical routine diagnostics.
In this challenging role you will be responsible for the Genomics Sales and Field Operations organization in AFO (Americas Field Organization), inclusive of Sales and Field Application Scientists, to drive achievement of financial targets, management objectives, employee engagement and customer satisfaction.
To succeed, the candidate must collaborate across business functions to align sales and support channel strategies with overall business strategies, as well as contributing to the D & G group global strategy. The role requires proven ability to work in a matrix organization in partnership with other functions to accomplish business goals. Key performance indicators include achievement of revenue targets, channel expenses, discount rates, customer survey scores and other organizational performance metrics.
Reporting to the WW D&G Vice President of Sales and Field Operations, the following will be your key responsibilities:
• Responsible for delivering quarterly financial order performance for AFO Genomics within a defined cost framework; accurate forecasting and funnel development/management are essential.
• Continually improve cost base of sales delivery across channel through operational excellence to ensure profitable growth.
• Build and motivate a diverse sales channel (direct and indirect) to achieve aggressive growth objectives and accomplish best in class fundamental account management, strategic account management and key customer development. Including the following:
Ongoing transition from product sales to consultative whole application sales. Involvement in all phases of the staffing process (creating requisitions, reviewing qualifications, conducting interviews and presenting offers). Balanced deployment, bench strength development, succession planning and selective replacement with new talent.
• Manage complex portfolio of genomic tools spanning bioreagents, lab equipment and high end consumables; lead introduction and aggressive sales ramp for new products, "re-skilling" of the sales force as needed and ensuring effective portfolio management of mature segments.
• Participate in annual business and strategic planning including Operation Plan development, territory assignments, sales quota assignments and leading major change initiatives.
• Effective, organized deployment and execution of business plans.
• Drive improvement of operational functions including commerce and sales process.
• Manage a diverse set of function matrices such as customer service, field service, marketing, field marketing, technical support, legal, etc. to achieve goals, create an optimal customer experience and an efficient, aligned organization.
• Employee coaching and development: (1) determine and communicate business objectives; (2) provide feedback, evaluate and rank performance; (3) identify and support employee and self developmental needs; (4) recognize and reward desired performance behaviors; (5) possess effective communication and remote management skills.
• Effective coordination of cross-border initiatives, leveraging best practices, and close alignment with corporate strategy
• Effective presentation skills, delivering to the executive levels within the customer and Agilent organizations.
• Contribute as an advisor, participant and team member on the WW D&G Management Team.
Geographical Location: This is a US remote based position.