Inscripta is developing the world's first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. The company’s advanced CRISPR-based platform, consisting of an instrument, reagents, and software, will offer a fully automated workflow that enables multiplexed, trackable editing of cells at an unprecedented scale. Inscripta’s goal is to empower scientists whose gene editing research is stifled by current technical and licensing limitations. By providing this unique platform and engaging in collaborative business practices, such as making its MAD7 CRISPR nuclease free for research purposes, the company enables scientists to realize a new era of biological discovery. Due to rapid growth Inscripta has an opening for a Senior Director of Data Science located in the United States. This role can work remotely, but travel to Inscripta offices may be required.
Inscripta is seeking a highly skilled, innovative, and experienced applicant to lead our Data Science team within the Applications Development group. The candidate will report to the Vice President, Applications Development, and will directly manage a team of data scientists in a collaborative, dynamic R&D and commercial environment. We are looking for a leader in Data Science who can develop and implement the vision for use of genome-scale data in delivering cutting-edge, high-throughput genome engineering platform to customers. Inscripta’s platform enables customers to scale genome-engineering in microbes like never before. This role provides a great opportunity to influence how customers can effectively generate, analyze, interpret and consume large datasets to accelerate the pace of innovation. Successful candidates will demonstrate the ability to apply data science principles to areas of biology including metabolic engineering, genome discovery and systems biology. The role requires experienced candidates with strong technical leadership, are extremely collaborative, possess strong written and verbal communication skills, and can deliver results to both internal and external stakeholders. This opportunity will provide significant influence over Inscripta’s technology development and implementation, the ability to directly influence market adoption, with high visibility both within and outside the organization.
- Provide technical guidance, mentoring, and direct management of the Data Science team and other informatics staff across the organization in pursuit of project goals and individual career development.
- Attract, develop, and retain top talent for the Data science team at Inscripta.
- Define and lead development of algorithms and software applications that enable customers to rapidly discover actionable insights from their data to accelerate innovation & pace of experimentation. Examples include genotype-phenotype modeling, functional discovery, network modeling, and novel sequence prediction & recommendation systems.
- Build strong partnership within Application and Product development teams by representing voice of customers and providing critical feedback on product specifications and performance
- Identify customer needs and accelerate innovation by providing solutions for effective data generation, acquisition, collation and visualization
- Work closely with the Applications team contributing to strategic planning and successful delivery of internal applications and with external Key Opinion Leaders.
- Prepare and deliver high impact presentations for both internal and external audiences including at public conferences, product launches and key opinion leader roadshows.
- Educate marketplace on how to best leverage Inscripta’s platform to accelerate Forward Engineering and Genome Discovery
- Be a thought leader on cutting-edge data science technologies, approaches, and applications actively contributing to the Inscripta IP portfolio.