Complete Genomics is looking for an exceptional expert and leader for a group of bioinformatics scientists, mathematician, and computer scientists to assist the development and application of methods and tools for complete genome sequence assembly and analysis. The ideal candidate will possess a broad understanding of machine learning algorithms, high-end computing, genomics, genetics, bioinformatics, have superior leadership and cross-functional communication skills, and be able to successfully manage complex projects and influence multi-disciplinary teams.
- Develop machine learning strategy in genomics including building a team of machine learning experts
- Design and develop algorithms with emphasis on genomics
- Adapt and develop analysis approaches and software tools for the use of complete genome sequence
- Interact with the research and development groups to implement new product offerings
- Prototype data delivery and analysis tools for new products
- Comparative analysis of sequence data from collaboration projects
- Performs other work related duties as assigned