The New York Genome Center is looking for a highly motivated, results-driven individual to lead and manage the computational biology and genome analysis group within the informatics division. As a Senior Computational Biologist, Cancer, you will manage an experienced staff of Bioinformatics Scientists, Programmers and Analysts and be responsible for data analysis and interpretation of next-generation sequencing (NGS) experiments, in support of NYGC’s faculty and external researchers as well as sequencing and diagnostics operations. We are seeking an individual who is passionate about understanding and modeling human genetic variation and how it can be used to generate clinically actionable results. Publication of developed methods and scientific findings is encouraged.
Job duties will include:
- Leadership and management of computational biology and data analysis group;
- Budget planning and responsibility, line management;
- Contribute to strategic planning of the informatics division;
- Develop, apply and support innovative approaches for data analysis, modeling and prediction;
- Plan, organize and support external collaborative initiatives;
- Assist, collaborate, consult with internal/external researchers on analyses of NGS data.