The Henry M. Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine, Inc. (HJF) is seeking an experienced Senior Clinical Program Managerfor the Clinical Core of the Collaborative Health Research Initiative Program (CHIRP) at Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences (USUHS) in Bethesda, Maryland. CHIRP is a collaborative precision medicine research program between the National Institutes of Health and the Department of Defense with a focus on heart, lung, blood and sleep disorders. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to CHIRP.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Senior Clinical Program Manager will implement and oversee clinical sample and data collection at CHIRP-affiliated military treatment facilities (MTFs) to support population-scale whole genome sequencing studies.
- Develops, implements and oversees clinical research proposals, including, but not limited to: writing of protocols and associated documents (e.g., manuals, consent documents, data collection forms, material transfer agreements, cooperative research and development agreements), coordination of protocol submission and scientific/ethical review processes, management of protocol development activities, oversight and guidance of protocol execution activities at clinical sites to ensure study progress and completion.
- Serves as the primary clinical research coordinator between The CHIRP administration, CHIRP Clinical Core, multiple clinical research sites and clinical research personnel including the Clinical Core Director, clinical investigators, clinical site coordinators, regulatory and safety monitoring staff, laboratory personnel, data coordination center personnel, data analysts, biostatisticians, program managers and administrative staff.
- Serves as a senior advisor to the Clinical Core Director for strategic planning and operation of the Clinical Core operations.
- Contributes to the development and modifications of study budgets and is responsible for budget compliance
- Hires, supervises and trains Clinical Core personnel for the development, initiation, and performance of CHIRP clinical trials at the various MTFs.
- Travels to other program locations as needed.