You will be part of a collaborative, cross-functional team of biologists, bioinformaticians, and software engineers building powerful tools that help prioritize and understand the significance of genetic variants in disease. You will use your foundation in biological science and programming skills to assure the scientific quality of biological interpretations, supporting analytics, and information in our applications. This is an excellent opportunity to be directly involved in building a high-quality product that can improve genetic medicine and make an impact on human healthcare. Training will be provided.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Work with product owners, scientific and technical team members to understand and refine requirements, use cases, and workflows of product features
- Think critically about our content and technology and develop methods, including writing and maintaining code, for testing scientific quality and analyzing defects
- Work with team members to select appropriate test sets and assure on-going, regular, timely, critical review, and manual testing of variant content and clinical interpretations
- Communicate testing status and assure successful delivery of quality metrics that will be used to improve our variant content curation, workflows, and determine release readiness
- Participate in the definition, honing, and documentation of QC protocols, tools, and methods, and interface with content curation scientists on using them
- Investigate and report defects found and assess risk. Be a passionate voice of our scientific product customers internally.