The Senior Clinical Database Analyst at Genomic Health, Inc. (GHI) is responsible for ensuring the development and configuration of robust clinical data tools that lead to the accurate, complete and timely collection and delivery of genomic and clinical data for analysis, reporting and presentation. The Senior Clinical Database Analyst is expected to provide functional representation and expertise to study teams. The Senior Clinical Database Analyst may have functional supervisory responsibilities for new and/or lower level staff.
- Develop critical knowledge of GHI study initiation, execution, analysis and closing procedures; study-related documentation; and study, program and business goals and milestones
- Ensure the accurate, complete and timely collection and validation of genomic and clinical data for research studies
- Create, configure and maintain clinical study databases including screen design, edit check design, query management, data extraction and data reporting.
- Build, configure, and program database structures in a variety of different platforms to maintain and manage genomic and clinical data for research studies
- Programmatically manipulate and combine data from a variety of different sources.
- Work closely with colleagues from Biostatistics, Non-clinical biostatistics, Clinical Operations, Medical, Pathology and Program Management to ensure Data Management needs and status updates are addressed and well-communicated.
- Interact with collaborators, both internal within Genomic Heatlh and external, in order to gather requirements, plan deliverables and communicate progress and findings.
- Train clinical site personnel and collaborators on study-specific data management tools.
- Define and recommend standards, construct datasets and deliver data management oriented analysis and reporting of genomic and clinical data for research studies
- Ensure the preparation and maintenance of documentation, as required by departmental standard operating procedures and practices, or regulations
- Contribute to the ongoing development and improvement of department infrastructure including work instructions, Standard Operating Procedures and common-use programs.
- Participate in recruiting and hiring of staff
- Train and mentor new and/or lower-level staff
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in life sciences, computer sciences, or other relevant discipline
- Minimum of 8 years related experience
- Demonstrated competency with data management processes and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to work as the lead data manager/analyst in a project team
- Demonstrated programming proficiency with SAS, including moderate to complex data step programming and moderate to complex data reporting
- Demonstrated proficiency with relational databases and programming moderate to complex SQL queries
- Demonstrated proficiency in software development lifecycle practices including requirements definition, risk assessment and programming validation.
- Demonstrated coding skills in a modern clinical data management system/EDC platform, including edit check programming and dynamic entry screen programming
- Demonstrated competency in the utilization of Microsoft tools, specifically Word; Excel; PowerPoint; and/or Project
- Demonstrated excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to deliver quality results in a timely manner, either independently or by directing others
- Demonstrated excellent organization skills and detail orientation.
- Demonstrated excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be highly effective in a fast-paced, rapid growth environment
- Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Post-graduate coursework
- Demonstrated programming skills in other data manipulation, analysis and reporting tools such as R and Tableau.