Scope of Position:
Twist Bioscience has developed a disruptive Synthetic DNA technology that will change the world. We are rapidly scaling up and need to develop an excellent supply chain team in order to make it happen. We need a passionate, highly skilled, and strong team player to optimize savings and service level for our indirect material and service spend. The ideal candidate must thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and be able to take a leadership role in developing great processes and top-notch supplier partnerships. This role requires an individual that can be effective at being hands-on in the short-term while developing a strategic path forward that will deliver world-class purchasing processes and service in the long run.
The Senior Buyer will:
- Develop supplier relationships and contracts that improve quality, pricing, and service levels for Twist’s indirect material and services spend.
- Partner with the IT, Sales & Marketing, Facilities, R&D, Engineering, HR, and Operations groups to develop and implement solutions for a wide variety of indirect materials and services.
- Develop the procurement system and processes by driving continuous improvement and collaboration across the Twist organization.
- Lead resolution of supplier performance issues.
- Support related procurement activities as assigned by the Director of Supply Chain.
Failure to perform the essential functions of this job may lead to or result in: service disruptions; increased costs; inefficient procurement operations; poor relationships with suppliers and internal customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and deliver on cost savings opportunities.
- Contracts (Strategy development, negotiation & compliance management)
- Supplier Management (Quality, cost, delivery, and service level)
- Negotiate optimal terms with suppliers (price, delivery, and payment terms). Demand the best overall value.
- Clearly communicate requirements to suppliers, both verbally and in writing.
- Deliver a high level of customer service within the company.
- Lead preparation and execution of Supplier Business Reviews.
- Compliance to procurement policies & procedures.