Pacific Biosciences is seeking a talented, driven, well-rounded and experienced purchasing professional in Menlo Park, California. The ideal candidate possesses the skill and drive necessary to assist in the development and implementation of a scalable “world class” materials management and purchasing strategy. They must also have a passion for Pacific Bioscience’s relevant technology with strong interpersonal skills for dealing with all levels of the organization.
The qualified candidate has demonstrated the ability to pursue innovative supplier management solutions based on an accurate assessment of business requirements. A successful track record of managing complex commodities along with contracts negotiation and administration experience is desired. The candidate must also have demonstrated the ability to identify and drive continuous improvement programs on related systems deployed to keep them current and relevant.
This position reports to the Senior Materials Manager within Supply Chain.
• Manage the procurement of wafer fabrication and semi-conductor related processing services as well as reagent raw materials, intermediates and finished goods associated with the build of Pacific Biosciences’ Products.
• Support contract negotiations with critical supply base to ensure reduced risk in the supply chain.
• Accountable for the proper execution of the purchase plans and ensuring that product is available per the MRP.
• Responsible for the direct procurement of assigned commodities/suppliers through purchase order generation, placement and confirmations along with monitoring open order reports and order maintenance in support of on time delivery metrics.
• Control and coordinate communications with the supplier. Conduct periodic business reviews. Drive supplier-specific initiatives (inventory, delivery, change orders, cost reduction, etc.) and resolve issues
• Compile, evaluate, and monitor supplier scorecard results, including monitoring the financial health of the supplier base
• Communicate roadmap to the supplier and share supplier development plans.
• Work closely with SCM, Stockroom and Production to meet product build plans – Shortages resolution, MRB support, RTV as well as support of Financial and Operations objectives.
• Support the management of all exhausted material; eliminate obsolete materials and MRB to rework/RTV.
• Drive the implementation of change orders (CO’s). Which includes timely disposition of all obsolete, excess, exhaust, and rework material related to the CO both internally and at supplier locations.
• Maintain optimal inventory levels through the active use of MRP and the maintenance of all required parameters including assembly lead times, days’ supply, EOQ, etc. for all assemblies.
• Resolution of problems relating to shortages, variances, or other impediments to smooth material flow through the factory.
• Support supplier quality management objectives and issue resolution through, non-conformance investigations/resolutions, effective SCAR management, supplier performance monitoring/scoring as well as overall procurement group performance metrics.
• Active support of R&D and new product activities. Activities may include outsourcing of subassemblies and finished devices as well as selection and qualification of new supply sources.