The Dana Faber Cancer Institute (DFCI)/Partners Healthcare Clinical & Translational Informatics (CTI) group is the Institute’s resource for providing databases and applications that help DFCI clinicians and researchers gain insights based on clinical and research data. OncDRS (The Oncology Data Retrieval System) is the platform that makes this data accessible to the DFCI community, allowing users to query, request, and analyze cohorts of patients at a time. The OncDRS Senior Business Analyst will drive the development of the platform forward to ensure the product roadmap aligns with the needs of the users in their quest for personalized medicine. The Senior Business Analyst reports to the Team Lead for business analysts and is responsible for providing end user support, eliciting business requirements and working with the development and data visualization teams to implement enhancements and improvements to OncDRS platform. Responsibilities: • Elicit requirements from end users and other CTI staff, utilizing methods such as user interviews, mockups, use cases, etc.
• Document requirements and relay to technical team via product roadmap, product backlog, user stories, and issue tracking tool.
• Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
• Proactively communicate and collaborate with internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements, and deliver the following artifacts as needed: Prototypes/Wireframes, Functional/Business Requirements Specification, Use Cases, GUI designs, report specifications, interface designs and source-to-target mapping specifications.
• Thoroughly document and quality control all features, maintaining a list of expected inputs and outputs for each feature. Write detailed functional test plans that cover not only the basic functionality, but also include edge, boundary and odd case scenarios.
• Motivate junior team members for success and give recognition for results.
• Work with development team to ensure all automatable tests are implemented. Design and run smoke tests for non-automatable functions that verify functionality, especially to confirm that a release works.
• Assist with the writing and review of specifying requirements in the form of a test.
• Work with technical staff to maintain and enhance OncDRS based on user and system requirements.
• Maintain end user documentation of application functionality and data. Work with end user facing staff to support user training.
• Adhere to recognized project management tools and methodologies.
• Assist in identifying and recommending best practices for business analysis, training and end user support functions
• Communicate status on various project/program efforts to leadership, internal stakeholders and manage expectations.
• Participate in regular team meetings to discuss team and project/program related activities, issues, changes, and communications, as needed.
• Use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
• Other duties as assigned.