The Bioinformatics and Exploratory Data Analysis (BEDA) team in Pharmaceutical Research and Early Development (pRED), Basel, is looking for a senior bioinformatician. The group consists of Bioinformaticians and Biostatisticians with the mission to provide project teams across all Disease Translational Areas with state of the art support in data integration, data analysis and data interpretation.
In this role you will:
- Primarily work in support of the Oncology and Immunology portfolio in performing analyses of high throughput data mostly from Next Generation Sequencing and proteomics experiments (e.g. RNASeq, DNASeq, Single Cell Sequencing, phosphoproteomics) e.g. to understand mode of action of compounds
- Support disease areas with target identification, target assessment and target validation
- Be a key contributor in the translation of pre-clinical and clinical findings into biomarkers of clinical relevance and thereby supporting personalized medicine and safety
- Collaborate with colleagues across pRED groups and departments to identify and deliver the best solution for a given problem of a project.
- Drive and support the implementation of novel technologies as well as bioinformatics tools and algorithms into the pRED research
- Present results in relevant decision bodies