- PhD / MS in bioinformatics, biophysics, computational biology, computer science, or related degree with 5+ years of industry experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated expertise with bioinformatics algorithms and ability to vault beyond existing tools focused on genomics applications
- Advanced ability in large-scale data manipulation and mining, biostatistics, and/or mathematics
- Demonstrated proficiency with Python, C/C++, and Linux/Unix environments
- Experience with some or all of the following technologies or equivalents: SQL, SQLAlchemy, AWS
- Experience with revision control systems (e.g. git), continuous integration, and task/issue trackers
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with minimal supervision in a small collaborative team and to multi-task and manage numerous activities simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to build constructive relationships within and across teams to facilitate collaboration, brainstorming and problem solving. Ability to present information clearly and succinctly to a range of individuals.
- Strong documentation skills
HOW TO APPLY:
Send resume & cover letter to: email@example.com.
Please briefly describe your skills, knowledge, and experience with the Required Qualifications in your cover letter/email.
Who We Are:
Founded by pioneering scientists in fabrication, genetics, and bio-engineering, the Gen9 vision is one of democratizing synthetic biology. Our goal is to enable broad adoption of powerful synthetic biology techniques by providing custom DNA constructs of the highest possible quality. Using our proprietary BioFab® platform, we make synthetic DNA easier to design, easier to use, and easier to access. With our custom gene synthesis and library products, scientists can design more, build more, and test more. We believe that synthetic biology will be the cornerstone of future advancements in therapeutics, clean technology, agriculture and many other industries, and we are excited to partner with our customers as we synthesize the future together.