Job ID: 10964
Affymetrix, now part of Thermo Fisher Scientific
The algorithms and data analysis department seeks a talented and motivated individual to join a small leadership group in the Axiom ® Genotyping custom program. The successful candidate will work closely with customers and consortia members to design Axiom ® genotype microarrays that meet the customer’s scientific and business objectives. The array design process includes the usage and development of complex data models and imputation-aware algorithms to select optimal markers and probes.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the customer to translate scientific requirements into a sequence of array design steps, and guide the customer through the design process.
- Provide detailed customer facing reports, that include careful verification of the customer submitted content.
- Mine the Affymetrix Genomic database for markers and probes that meet the customer design requirements. Content for arrays may be selected from several sources including, but not limited to, dbSNP, 1000 GP releases, Affymetrix’ Axiom® Genomic Database, or markers identified by sequencing
- Use, extend, and where applicable, develop new methods associated with array design, including probe scoring, selection of tagging markers, imputation-aware marker selection, evaluation of genetic coverage, and efficient database queries.
- Execute best practices genotyping to evaluate the performance of custom arrays after the design process is complete.