Genomic Health is seeking a highly talented and motivated Bioinformatics Engineer with strong data analysis and software engineering skills to develop products that help cancer patients make better informed treatment decisions. As a key member of the R&D team this individual will collaborate with Platform Technologies, Exploratory Bioinformatics, Product Sciences, Biostatistics, Data Management, and IT to implement sequence analysis solutions that enable Genomic Health to improve its technology platforms and discover novel cancer biomarkers. A strong candidate will have a track record of successfully implementing computationally efficient data analysis methods using next generation sequencing in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Collaborate with product, laboratory, and other bioinformatic scientists to design bioinformatic pipelines for technology development and biomarker discovery studies.
- Implement, test, and maintain bioinformatic pipelines and analysis systems.
- Evaluate and create new bioinformatic algorithms and software technologies to continuously improve Genomic Health’s capabilities and informatics infrastructure.
- Perform data analysis to support internal and external studies. Provide recommendations based on data and sound analysis.
- Represent the bioinformatics function in project teams. Present findings at internal meetings.