We are seeking a Senior Automation Manufacturing Equipment Engineer (Mechanical) to provide equipment support to a high volume molecular diagnostics consumables operation. The primary responsibility for this role will be to implement continuous improvement projects on automation equipment. This engineer will also be responsible for performing troubleshooting and corrective maintenance on custom automation equipment. This person will handle projects and tasks and play an active role in the processes to ensure products meet quality standards consistent with both Corporate and unit policies, while meeting all design control and other regulatory requirements.
- Design tooling, fixtures, and detail drawings using SolidWorks
- Perform troubleshooting and corrective maintenance on custom automation equipment
- Implement continuous improvement projects on automation equipment
- Perform and write Preventive Maintenance (PM) procedures
- Complete Engineering Change Orders (ECO) to Work Instructions, Tool Qualifications, Drawings and reports
- Modify existing equipment to improve product quality, increase part throughout, decrease cost, and/ or strengthen safety measures.
- Participates in New Product Development activities, including assessing manufacturing equipment required for new product commercialization.
- Design, source, and implement machine component changes and additions as required
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of manufacturing equipment & capabilities, ensuring that projects presented are within current capabilities, or clearly identify when they are outside our current capability scope and determine what Capital is required to be able to take on this new business.
- Ensure work is completed in a timely fashion so as to ensure project timelines are met.
- Performs other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
- Responsible for ensuring, where applicable, the product safety, quality, regulatory compliance and legality of all products produced and sold