Cepheid is currently seeking a Senior Associate, Protein Reagent Development/Production, to join their growing team in Bothell, WA.
The successful applicant will work as a member of the Bioprocess Development and Production group to develop and produce protein reagents, with focus on engineering and manufacturing recombinant proteins including recombinant enzymes. He/She will contribute to multiple phases of process development and protein production.
- Develop molecular constructs, recombinant strain and cell line for protein expression mainly in E. coli and mammalian cells.
- Develop cell culture bioprocesses for protein expression in both prokaryote and eukaryote expression systems.
- Develop robust and effective process for protein purification.
- Characterize recombinant protein biochemically and functionally.
- Carry out formulation development for the stability and storage of protein reagents.
- Develop biochemical assays including enzymatic assays.
- Actively collaborate with other functions such as Bioanalytical, QA and QC.
- Evaluate and implement new technologies for protein engineering/expression, cell line development, upstream and downstream process development, protein formulation, and assay development.
- Maintain data record, and generate SOP, development and technical reports, and production batch record.
- Motivate to perform in the cooperative cross functional setting to maximize the efficiency of the protein reagent program.
- BS or MS in Biochemistry or related field; or, equivalent combination of education and experience to perform at this level.
- 8+ years (for BS) and 5+ years (for MS) of relevant industry experience in biologics development and/or manufacturing facility environment subject to US and international regulations.
- In-depth experience in molecular biology and cell biology, recombinant strain and cell line development.
- Demonstrated success record in recombinant protein expression and production in both E. coli and mammalian expression systems.
- Extensive experiences in protein purification process development and protein formulation development.
- Experience in assay development for protein reagents including enzymes.
- Experience in cell culture process development and protein production in bioreactor is a plus.
- Hands-on experience in protein lyophilization is a bonus.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills are necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively on cross functional teams to achieve objectives.
- Excellent communication, inter-personal and organizational skills are required.