The Senior Accountant is responsible for performing accounting tasks for Glen Research, a business unit of Maravai Life Sciences. This position is based in Burlingame, CA, also responsible for performing accounting tasks for other Maravai business units.
Headquartered in San Diego with locations in Burlingame, CA, Sterling, VA, Southport, NC and Peterborough, UK, Maravai LifeScences portfolio companies provide enabling tools and services in the life sciences research and bioproduction industries that accelerate breakthrough discoveries, leading to improvements in human well-being.
Senior Accountant Job Description –
- This position reports to the Division Controller.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, Revenue Recognition, Consolidation, Cost Accounting, Accounting Processes & Procedures, Controls and Systems.
- Organized and self-motivated individual with excellent problem-solving skills and enjoying working with people in a challenging, fast-paced and growing environment.
- Timely completion of month end process including preparation of journal entries, account
reconciliations and supporting schedules
- Ensure GAAP compliance through invoicing and revenue recognition
- Ensure GAAP compliance through A/P bill coding and processing
- Perform month-end account reconciliation
- Prepare weekly management reports
- Complete month-end inventory audit and reconciliation
- Perform gross margin analysis, standard cost review/analysis, BOM/ECO review and cost allocation
- Identify financial fluctuations and perform variance analysis
- Compile monthly financial and management reports, participate in financial reviews
- Prepare materials for the annual external audit
- Assist in cash management
- Verify employees expense reports to ensure compliance with GAAP and company policy
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- CPA a plus
- 5+ years of progressive accounting/finance experience
- NetSuite experience strongly preferred
- Experience designing and implementing new policies and procedures a plus
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Precision/detail oriented with strong analytical skills
- Proven ability to identify and drive process/system improvements
- Manufacturing/Distribution experience a plus
Maravai LifeSciences offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Maravai LifeSciences is an EEO Employer